PRAYing

Praise
Repent
Ask
Yield

We have been learning about and practicing the PRAISE part of this little acronym this week. In a moment of doubting my abilities and worthiness as a mother in teaching my children about a discipline I am so unfaithful in, I wondered if I was doing it "right." The Lord so sweetly spoke to me (as He so often does) through this little book I read as often as I remember, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young. Here is an excerpt of this morning's devotional:

"It is impossible to praise or thank me too much. As it is written, I inhabit the praises of My people....A thankful heart has plenty of room for Me...."

I am in awe as I have seen God guide me in what to teach the boys. Things are being dropped in my lap: thoughts, questions, and requests straight from the mouths of my children, books and curriculum simply given to me from other home schooling moms, little words from Him whispering ideas of what to do next.

This week, we have been simply praying praises to God, thanking Him for blessings, praising Him with Psalms, and using His descriptive names in our prayers. Based on what I read this morning, I am going to continue the PRAISE part of the acronym. We will be talking about how our songs of worship are praises to Him as well as our prayers.

Loving Praising Him!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raising Real Men, part 6

Raising Real Men

Raising Real Men, Part 4