I'm a Survivor

Lately, all I have been doing is surviving. I really feel that way. I have been doing the bare minimum and attempting only to keep my family afloat. Yes, we've been doing school, and teaching my kids about Jesus and how to be kind and loving and all of that is what I consider part of my simple, everyday vocabulary. As far as cleaning the house? and cooking? and getting things done on my to-do list? haha, well, those things...just haven't been happening. I feel so unorganized, so BURIED under an endless to-do list (that I haven't even managed to write down, thank you very much! It's currently growing and growing in my head.) When I go grocery shopping, I just wing it. I take a list of maybe a few items, but then I peruse the frozen meals aisle in hopes of finding this week's dinners. It is PATHETIC.

Here's the worst part: I don't even see a light at the end of the tunnel. Oh, like maybe when my kids are grown and out of the house kind of light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel, yes...but that light? Well, I don't want that light to get here for a LOOOONG time. I love this stage in life. I love each of my kids' ages. I love having a baby to tote around like a sack of potatoes everywhere I go. I love having a 2-year-old who is attached to my hip (and who makes sure I am never lacking in conversation!!!) I love my 3, "almost 4," year old who is testing every boundary and getting so smart. I love my five-year-old who is just maturing so much it is ridiculous.

BUT with the energy and love I exert with each of those children mentioned above, I feel like I am left with very little motivation to accomplish much else. And that, my friends, is why my house is currently a wreck. It is the reason for the dirty floor under the kitchen table. It is why I am not even bothering to plan meals this week, because...let's face it...I probably won't end up cooking any of them.

Frozen pizza, anyone? I'm off to help my 5-year-old (who is still in his pajamas at 2:30 in the afternoon) get a snack.

Comments

Paula Hill said…
Anna - just continue to enjoy "surviving!" This time will pass so quickly! There will be lots of time for cleaning your home years from now. Your boys will not remember what they ate for dinner or if the house was spotless or not...they will recall two loving wonderful parents who spents lots of quality time with them! Enjoy!
Brandi said…
Unfortunately, Anna, you aren't the only one that feels that way. I am just glad that my house is not the only one that is a wreck. :)
Jessica said…
It's okay! I'm sure you're doing much better than you give yourself credit. You have an awesome family.

Popular posts from this blog

Raising Real Men, part 6

Raising Real Men

Raising Real Men, Part 4