Filling our days

What is a very pregnant, quite uncomfortable, robbed-of-energy mom to do with 3 little boys who still require the same amount of time, love, and entertainment as they always have?
Well, fill our days with fun outings, special/different activities at home, and of course, dates with my hubby, girls' night outs, and sitting around just enjoying my life with only 3!
One of those special activities this week? Painting!

The older boys painted blank canvases with different things like sponges, rags, feathers, and dot sponges. When they were dry, I wrote Psalm 4:8 on them to hang above their beds.
"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."






I painted a canvas for Eli, and then we did his hand prints and the Bible verse. He wanted in on the painting fun, though, so I gave him a gigantic piece of paper and let him have at it :)
I don't think he stopped smiling the whole time.


With about 3 1/2 weeks to go, I am trying to hang in there for my family!!!! I know my patience is running thin, and my fun mommy days are even thinner. We have company coming in soon for about a week and a half total and a lot of different outings on the calendar to hopefully keep everyone happy and entertained. I am nowhere near ready to be a mom of four little boys, but I know the three boys I have now are ready to have their happy, patient mom back!! Although they are probably enjoying all of the freedom they have when I accidentally fall asleep on the couch, and they have the run of the house and the "privilege" of doing pretty much whatever their little hearts desire! I think they have been to McDonald's more in the past few months than in their entire lives combined. Come to think of it, I can get away with a lot more Starbucks and eating out than normal when I'm pregnant.....
;)
And now, I must peel myself from my comfy bed and my way-too-much-tv-watching children to serve up some snacks and get some school work done and tonight's dinner made!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raising Real Men, part 6

Raising Real Men

Raising Real Men, Part 4