It's beginning to look a lot like my favorite seasons of the year!!!


Pumpkin Bread, Roasted pumpkin seeds, Candy corn, Hot apple cider...I've always loved this time of year...not the weather so much, but the holidays! (I have to admit, though, that I actually had some love in my heart when I stepped outside the other night and felt the cool, crisp air....not to mention hearing Titus laugh hysterically when he and Justus crunched through a sidewalk full of leaves on a walk the other day.) This year, I think it's starting even earlier, because I have a new-found love for the "holiday" (is it even considered a holiday??) Halloween!!! I see my kids getting excited about getting new costumes, dressing up, decorating the house, and going trick-or-treating for candy, and it just makes me HAPPY:) I am also in love with TRADITIONS, and I've already started planning Halloween events and our annual advent calendar.

Derek and I love doing things with our kids, but we often are at a loss for free or cheap ideas. At Halloween and Christmas, though?! NOT...A...PROBLEM!!! There is so much around our community going on during these fun times. Pumpkin patches, parties at the library down the street from our house, fun events at the mall (also down the street!), etc.

If you're looking for some fun crafts for your kids, there are some great ideas here and here.

I can't wait to get pictures of the boys at the pumpkin patch and riding the hay ride!!! Have fun this season and stay healthy!!!!!!!! :) (You can check out our plans for the "season" in the right side bar!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raising Real Men, part 6

Raising Real Men

Raising Real Men, Part 4