How do I keep my sanity? How do I get dinner fixed? What are some tried and true methods I have learned over the past few years of parenting? In my bag of tricks is ROOM TIME !! Almost every day around 5:00 pm, I send my boys to their rooms for some alone time. I leave them with special toys they haven't seen in awhile or a box set aside for special times like this. Here are few examples of our Room Time boxes. (Nothing great, but when YOU make the items in the boxes special, your kids will think they are special, too!) Box 1: Coloring books and crayons Box 2: Stationary, markers, stickers, etc. Box 3: My old coupon box with expired coupons, sticky notes, and a bag of colored pens and highlighters for writing a "grocery list." (I can only trust my 5 year old with this box...the other 2 would probably draw all over the walls/carpet/themselves.) Item 1: Clock puzzle Box 4: Sea shells that Mimi and Grandbob brought back from the beach Item 2: Truck Puzzle Book Box 5: Easy pu...
Snow Ice Temps in the teens Wind chills in the single digits Another week in the house How do you like them fragments? Me? Not so much... Maybe you can find some more upbeat Friday Fragments over at Half-Past Kissin' Time !
It's here!!! I told family for a long time that I would have pictures of our house for them once we got settled in. This seemed like the easiest way to share those :) Taking pictures of my house with my iphone camera sure makes me appreciate those professional realtor pictures! ha!! Anyway, I certainly didn't clean up everything for these pictures...I mean, I am definitely not trying to sell this thing anytime soon. We LOVE living here!!! First up, our school room - We don't currently use our school drawers, so they are pushed into a corner for now. The white boards were a Valentine's gift...no, seriously. I actually texted Derek and said, "You know what you can get me for V-Day? White boards." Bam #iamateacher Living room - Seriously, how do they get their pictures so bright?!!!! I can see from my kitchen into the Living Room, and I LOVE that! The kids never, ever eat at the bar....I mean, it's...
Comments