Continuing to read about the REAL superheroes I should introduce and tell my sons about, this week's reading discussed the importance that the number one hero of anyone (boy or girl!) should of course be Christ. Even though this fact seems obvious, there is an important catch. So often, the Jesus our kids hear about and see in pictures (etc.) is not necessarily an accurate display of the Jesus we want them to know. Our pastor jokingly talks about paintings of Jesus that are truly comical...I mean, really?? Some of them make Jesus look like a woman. The true Savior who conquered DEATH is who we should be teaching our sons about. I want my boys to be disciples of THAT Jesus. Jesus was not effeminate, He was not "a softy." Yes, He loved and He was compassionate...of course! He was also strong and brave, bold, daring, outspoken, firm, and steadfast. HE was a real man . ----------------------------------------------------------- I also read the Young's opinions and strateg...
Comments