Trying to be thankful

Prepare yourself for a book, it's been awhile since I posted:)

After getting off the phone this morning with one of the doctors' offices and finding out that the Medicaid coverage STILL wasn't showing up for the surgery (and finding out that they had turned us into collections and we "should be expecting warning letters in the mail"), I called my caseworker to find out what was going on. I felt so frustrated/defeated/mad. I'm still awaiting her call back, but in the meantime, I had to share today's reading from Jesus Calling (which was perfect timing as usual!)...


"I am calling you to live a life of thankfulness...The basis for your gratitude is My sovereignty...When you criticize or complain, you are acting as if you think you could run the world better than I do. From your limited human perspective, it may look as if I'm mismanaging things. But you don't know what I know or see what I see...I have designed you to live by faith, not by sight...Acknowledge My sovereignty by giving thanks in all circumstances."

Wow, conviction! ...Lord, forgive me for complaining in my heart and not trusting or giving thanks in all circumstances!! Give me a heart of thanksgiving!!

On a lighter note, I will leave you with these pics of the boys. We haven't had much of anything exciting going on lately (not even an Easter egg hunt to post about), but I always have pictures to share!!:) And I just want to say this...being a stay at home mom (SAHM), you get into a lot of discussions with other moms or friends who are not yet parents about "what you do all day" as a SAHM. So many people try to defend the job of a SAHM and attempt to prove how hard we work and what all we do in a day's time, etc. I just want to say that being a SAHM is such an incredible blessing. I do have to do a lot of things throughout the course of the day, things do take MUCH longer to accomplish with my 3 shadows, and I will be the first to admit that it does get stressful. However, one of the most fun things about staying at home is the fact that we DO have days where we don't do anything productive. I DO get to sit down here and blab on the blog while all 3 of the boys happen to be asleep at the same time. I can make brownies whenever I want to, play on the floor, run around outside like a crazy person, sit on the couch and laugh while Justus and Titus chase each other like madmen, and I can even take a nap if the timing works out. I do stay "busy," because there always seems to be someone who needs something every second of the day...and even if I'm sitting on the couch, it's usually with Eli getting a little snack. It is a hard job and a very important position I feel humble to have been gifted by God and one I am very thankful my husband supports so strongly. THAT is one thing in life I don't have to work hard at being thankful for:) The pictures below are simply snapshots of what goes on in the course of the day around the Frye house, and you will see that this is my proof of how fun this "job" really is:)

No, not blood...Titus was coloring on the porch and decided to eat the red chalk


Eli swinging outside


Titus pulling each and everything out of the wipes box


Justus and Eli posing for a picture


Eli having tummy time and enjoying himself greatly:)


Justus jamming out with his Lincoln Logs on Eli's toy


Titus being cute in his new jeans and new Mickey Mouse shirt from Jeannine and fam...Thank you guys!!!



Justus jumping on just out of the dryer laundry (one of his favorite things to do)...His other favorite thing - having me dump the laundry on top of him:)


Titus gliding back and forth on the glider stool

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wish I could just hug each one of them!!! They are so precious!!

Popular posts from this blog

Raising Real Men, part 6

Raising Real Men

Raising Real Men, Part 4