I love you, BUT......

Before I begin, forgive me for this post. My hubs is not home yet, kids are in bed, and I'm bored :)

Dearest Chick-Fil-A people,

Oh how I love you all. What a nice place to go for both a play area for the kids and somewhat adult food along with kids' meals. I think the only better thing would be a Starbucks with an indoor playground...I mean, seriously, why has no one done that yet??

Thank you for all you do for our family. On nights like tonight, a trip to your restaurant is nothing less than ordained by God. You are all so helpful, your food makes my kids smile (and actually makes it into their stomachs), the bathrooms we frequent are always clean, the "toys" (SLASH often books or activity cards) you give in the kids' meals are almost always MUCH to my liking, and on nights like tonight, what could have turned out as a HORRIBLEpullmyhairoutSTRESSFULwhydididothis event ends up literally saving us all.

I felt like I was at the end of my rope this afternoon, so I made certain statements my children have been hearing a lot of lately: "We're going somewhere, but I don't know where, don't ask, just get in the car, I'll decide as I drive, you'll see when we get there." We pulled up to your restaurant, my boys yelled out, "CHICKFILA!!" I said a quick prayer that Jesus would get us through the event, and we ventured inside.

Your workers are so faithfully kind, polite, and helpful. Maybe it's because I have 3 little kids, maybe it's because they're all boys, or maybe it's because I look 16 and like I don't have a clue what I'm doing...whatever the reason, I don't care. I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for bringing our food to our table for us, thank you for helping me with the high chair, thank you for coming to our table to ask if we need any refills or condiments, thank you for beaming with delight when my 2 year old breaks out in the loudest "Jesus loves me this I know" rendition you have ever heard right in the middle of me ordering his chicken. We love you all, we love your restaurant, and we will continue to faithfully spend money we do not have for your chicken and fries we do not need...if only to help this mom-going-crazy survive the night without Daddy at home.

Can I ask one favor? Would you PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE put two identical-mirror images-exactly the same color/style/size-canNOT tell them apart toys/books in my kids' bags? I'm sure you think you are doing us a favor. ("Oh, I'll give them 2 DIFFERENT toys, so they can enjoy even more of our selection!!") I can assure you, you must not have more than one child of the same sex between the ages of 2 and 4, and you most certainly are NOT doing any of us a favor. I can also assure you that I will NEVER remember to ask for 2 identical toys, so if you could just oblige me in this one area, I think your restaurant will have reached perfection in my eyes.

Sincerely,
Your faithful customer-Mom of 3 boys, one of whom discovered that he can actually climb up that first step and therefore every subsequent step all the way to the top of the play structure...giving us yet ANOTHER reason to frequent there. My youngest can finally join his big brothers in the Chick-Fil-A fun :)

Comments

Rachel Randolph said…
Jared's mom, Rhonda, is a school teacher, but one of our good friends owns the Chic-fil-a's in Forney and Mesquite, so she is also a hostess there in the summers and a couple days a week during the school year. I passed your post to her to let her know how much a good hostess can mean to a busy mom. She doesn't need to work there, but she loves it, and mainly does it for fun. Most Chic-fil-as really do a great job of keeping their employees happy, so they can keep the customers happy.
Anonymous said…
I hope that you passed this on to the Chick-fil-A you frequent and to the franchise owner!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Raising Real Men

Raising Real Men, part 6

Raising Real Men, Part 4